Sunday, April 25, 2010

What Could I Have Been Thinking?

Okay, so, let's get some intro stuff out of the way first. I am female, with short auburn hair and brown eyes. I'm not comfortable using my real name here, so just call me by my username... which is BeautifulB. I think, for now, that's all you need to know about me personally.

So, we all know the economy is bad, right? Well, I'm new to Gotham. Well, 3 months new. I'm taking just one or two night classes, slowling inching my way towards a med degree of some type. I'm torn between nursing, dermatology, plastic surgery... well, several, really. But I've been in this burg for a while with no job. Folks, funds were getting low. And I mean, low. I'm talking rolling pennies for a dollar meal at McDonalds, low. But, I heard from a friend of a friend that there was one place in Gotham that had a rather "revolving door" when it came to hiring workers. Arkham Asylum.

I know what you all are thinking. "You applied to ARKHAM?! Home to every bat-shit crazy villain that Batman" no pun intended "has ever put away? Including, but not limited to the Joker, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, and more?"

Well, yes, I did. I was running out of pennies.

As luck might have it, I got the call tonight--after having already done the interviewing process--that I have the job and can start tomorrow. Was this possibly the biggest mistake of my life? Well, blogees, we'll see. As for me, it's late and I've got work AND class tomorrow. Talk later!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love it. No pennies means doing whatever it takes. Can't wait to see how the first day goes.

    ReplyDelete